Friday, July 10, 2015

Expect the unexpected!

I don't know if anyone even follows this blog, but in case someone does, I apologize for not updating sooner.
We knew when the meeting to review our file was last week and we knew we should have a phone call the next day telling us the outcome. We were on pins and needles all day! (Well, probably only me since DH is so laid back.)  Finally around 4pm I get a call from someone else in the office.  I panicked initially thinking something was wrong, why wouldn't our normal case worker be calling?  She asked if we would be willing to take a placement!  I said, "uh...we're not approved yet", she said, "oh, yes you are, your cw just didn't get a chance to call you yet."  I'm like, seriously?  Maybe that should be the first call and THEN ask if we want a placement!  LOL

So, of course I can't go into any details about the situation and while I might be allowed to give generics, I'm very hesitant, soooo...I'm not really sure where this blog will go from here.  I'm afraid of posting anything "out there in internet world" even if it is generic.

Let me just say, there's a lot happening, it's been a very humbling experience so far, there were some very difficult moments (and days) where I seriously reconsidered the whole foster care experience completely!  It was a very difficult for me to suddenly have everything I knew for my whole life (wanting to be a mom) explode in my face and suddenly I didn't know if I even wanted it.

Things have settled a little and things are getting better.  However, this whole thing is so much more physically, mentally and emotionally exhausting than I expected it to be.  And I have NO free time it seems!  Which is why I haven't updated sooner.

I'll probably blog (hopefully soon) about my feelings through this process and just avoid child/case info.  Lots of learning happening here for me, much more than I expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment